- Chicken Littles and “Low Quality” Graduate Programs
- Without State Funding Cuts, What Justifies Departmental Suspensions in Arts and Sciences at Pitt
- German, Classics, and Religious Studies Chairs Respond to Proposed Suspensions at the Faculty Assembly
- Pitt AAUP Responds to the Suspensions, Blasts the Administration for Not Following Protocols
- Editorial from the Post-Gazette
Peter Distelzweig on Pitt AAUP Responds to the Susp…
Tag Archives: Press
The University Times reported on the suspensions April 19. The article attributes to Provost Patricia Beeson the claim that the suspensions are a step on the road to closing the departments. Read The Article.
April 27, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports on the suspensions and the April 26 rally to save the graduate programs. Read The Article.
April 24, Inside Higher Ed reports on the suspensions and says that the move “poses larger questions about the university’s commitment to graduate humanities education and whether this decision is a harbinger of future cuts.” Read The Article.